I love riding for the Witches - Pepe
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches Polish Grand Prix star Piotr Protasiewicz has vowed his future in England is only with the Witches.Protasiewicz was talking ahead of tonight's huge Sky Sports Elite League clash between the Witches and Belle Vue Aces, at Foxhall Stadium, 7.
By Mike Bacon
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches Polish Grand Prix star Piotr Protasiewicz has vowed his future in England is only with the Witches.
Protasiewicz was talking ahead of tonight's huge Sky Sports Elite League clash between the Witches and Belle Vue Aces, at Foxhall Stadium, 7.30pm.
And in a timely boost for the Suffolk side and their fans, Protasiewicz heaps praise on the club.
“I said when I came here last season I wanted to ride for Ipswich for two seasons at least,” Protasiewicz said today.
“This club is the most organised one I have ever ridden for. I love riding for them. If I ever ride in England it must be for Ipswich Witches - they are the only team I want to ride for.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
“The fans are good, the club is well run, I am really happy here and I am already thinking about next season.”
Protasiewicz lines up at No.1 tonight for the Witches against a Belle Vue side who, along with the home team, are very much play-off contenders.
Led by world champion-elect Jason Crump, they are sure to provide stiff opposition, but the Suffolk side have already beaten the Aces once at Foxhall and collected the bonus point in the return fixture.
The home victory was on May Day Bank Holiday Monday when Ipswich won by nine points in a cracking
fixture. But Protasiewicz knows Belle Vue will be dangerous tonight.
“They are one of the top teams this season,” he added.
“Jason Crump is just one of the best riders in the world, wherever he races. But we are going well this season and Chris (Louis) and Mark (Loram) are such good riders in England.”
Certainly Ipswich will want victory, and by a decent margin if possible, but will have to do without in-form reserve Danny King tonight. He is riding for Mildenhall at the Isle of Wight.
However, it gives the opportunity for young Steve Boxall to make a name for himself with the Foxhall public.
Boxall has been in tremendous form all season for Rye House and is the Witches number eight. He rode at Reading for the Suffolk side recently and will be keen to impress.
The Aces have re-shuffled their riding order around with England international Simon Stead at number one.
Ipswich: 1 P Protasiewicz, 2 K Jansson, 3 R Miskowiak, 4 C Louis, 5 M Loram, 6 S Boxall, 7 T Kroner
Belle Vue: 1 S Stead, 2 J Screen, 3 P Morris, 4 K Bjerre, 5 J Crump, 6 T Madsen, 7 J Wright.