‘I think we just need to win every game’ – Colchester United midfielder Sean Murray
Sean Murray is targeting victories in each of Colchester United’s last six games of the season, starting at home to fourth-placed Stevenage on Saturday.
The U’s slipped to five points and five places off the top seven, following last Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Notts County, so they cannot afford any more slip-ups if they are to challenge for the play-offs.
“With how tight it is, I think we just need to win every game,” admitted Murray.
“You never know what the other teams are going to do, so we must focus on our job and win the games, and not worry about anyone else.
“Sometimes when we have lost games we are still up there, but now we need to keep winning to keep ourselves in there.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the main thing is to get the ball out wide, because our last few goals have all been from crosses, so that’s where we know we can be a threat,
“We need to utilise that (tactic) earlier on in games, and I’m sure we will get the chances again,” added midfielder Murray,
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
The U’s have won nine of their last 11 home games, and four of their last six fixtures are at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.