Impressive Woodbridge lift trophy
Golf: WOODBRIDGE are the new holders of the Cranworth Trophy. They beat Fynn Valley 24.5 to 20.5 in the final at Thorpeness.The Cranworth Trophy is the county competition that caters for the longer handicap players, but the standard of the golf in the final was impressive.
WOODBRIDGE are the new holders of the Cranworth Trophy. They beat Fynn Valley 24.5 to 20.5 in the final at Thorpeness.
The Cranworth Trophy is the county competition that caters for the longer handicap players, but the standard of the golf in the final was impressive.
Woodbridge made the ideal start by having a clean sweep in the morning foursomes, but Fynn Valley hit back in the singles by winning the first four matches.
However, Woodbridge's last two players both won, but Fynn Valley had certainly given them a run for their money especially going into the afternoon 14-1 down.
Fynn Valley were not aware of this after a mistaken shot allowance had come to light following their whitewash in the foursomes.
Results (Woodbridge names first):
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
Foursomes: Pam McBridge and Sue Fulcher beat Lynn Souster and Marion Baker 5-0; Mary Walker and Avril Vickers beat Sheila Williams and Libby Bate 4.5-0.5; Debbie Golding and Pauline Bull beat Lucie Reeve and Thelma Gisby 4.5-0.5.
Singles: McBridge lost to Souster 0.5-4.5; Golding lost to Williams 0.5-4.5; Vickers lost to Bate 0.5-4.5; Fulcher lost to Baker 0.5-4.5; Walker beat Reeve 4-1; Bull beat Gisby 5-0.