Injured pair set to return
IPSWICH comeback stars Chris Makin and Tommy Miller could be back in action tomorrow.The pair, who have both missed Town's last seven first team games, are on stand-by for the reserve fixture against Charlton at Portman Road (kick-off 7pm).
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH comeback stars Chris Makin and Tommy Miller could be back in action tomorrow.
The pair, who have both missed Town's last seven first team games, are on stand-by for the reserve fixture against Charlton at Portman Road (kick-off 7pm).
Manager Joe Royle said: "Both Chris and Tommy have stepped it up in training and I would say they have an outside chance of playing in tomorrow's game.
"I will have a good chat with the medical staff tomorrow morning and see how the players are. But even if we decide against playing them, they are both coming along well."
Royle said yesterday that Makin was progressing well enough to be in with a chance of being involved against Burnley at Portman Road in a week's time.
- 1 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 2 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 3 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 8 Racing bike worth more than £1,000 stolen outside Sainsbury's in Ipswich
- 9 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 10 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
Full-back Makin left the field before the end of the home defeat by West Ham on August 30 with a hip problem.
That was also midfielder Miller's last first team appearance and he has been absent with a knee injury.