Injured pair set to return
IPSWICH comeback stars Chris Makin and Tommy Miller could be back in action tomorrow.The pair, who have both missed Town's last seven first team games, are on stand-by for the reserve fixture against Charlton at Portman Road (kick-off 7pm).
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH comeback stars Chris Makin and Tommy Miller could be back in action tomorrow.
The pair, who have both missed Town's last seven first team games, are on stand-by for the reserve fixture against Charlton at Portman Road (kick-off 7pm).
Manager Joe Royle said: "Both Chris and Tommy have stepped it up in training and I would say they have an outside chance of playing in tomorrow's game.
You may also want to watch:
"I will have a good chat with the medical staff tomorrow morning and see how the players are. But even if we decide against playing them, they are both coming along well."
Royle said yesterday that Makin was progressing well enough to be in with a chance of being involved against Burnley at Portman Road in a week's time.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
Full-back Makin left the field before the end of the home defeat by West Ham on August 30 with a hip problem.
That was also midfielder Miller's last first team appearance and he has been absent with a knee injury.