Ipswich extend unbeaten run
MEN'S HOCKEY: Ipswich V 3 Braintree II 0. A well played match saw the fifth team extend their unbeaten run to five against a ten-man Braintree. Rob Glassford sent a cross from just inside the 25 to the far post which was met by James Ashby to steer in – a well executed move that set the tone for the rest of the match.
Ipswich V 3 Braintree II 0
A WELL played match saw the fifth team extend their unbeaten run to five against a ten-man Braintree.
Rob Glassford sent a cross from just inside the 25 to the far post which was met by James Ashby to steer in – a well executed move that set the tone for the rest of the match.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Ipswich piled on the pressure, with a goal coming after Ian Glassford received the ball in the Ipswich half and ran to the Braintree 25. A one-two with a Braintree defender and the shot was struck past the keeper.
It was no more than he deserved having worked tirelessly in midfield.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
Alan Gray's sweeping dealt with most opposing attacks, and a fine display of keeping by Marcus Kwan ensured a clean sheet was retained.
The third goal came when Ben Turland, who had played well but not had the chances, lashed a shot from the top of the D. It came back off the post for Rob Glassford to push over the line.