Ipswich pair shine at U-15 event
SPEEDWAY: Two Ipswich youngsters have regularly been taking part in under 15 speedway triangle challenge matches which have been held at the Sittingbourne Iwade training track in Kent this summer.
TWO Ipswich youngsters have regularly been taking part in under 15 speedway triangle challenge matches which have been held at the Sittingbourne Iwade training track in Kent this summer.
Former Ipswich Speedway mascot, Amy Carpenter, who lives on the Pinewood estate, and Jerran Hart from the Nacton Road area are both aged 11.
They have been making the 200 mile round trip most weekends to race against other youngsters from all over the south of England on their 125cc speedway machines.
You may also want to watch:
The final leg of series took place on Saturday. A turn-out of 24 riders lined up for 24 exciting and closely fought heats of the final three team tournament.
Amy managed five points and collected a gold winners trophy, while Jerran collected seven points and received silver runners up trophy.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces