Blog: Troubled times at Portman Road
IT is easy to forget who the most important people at Portman Road are.
It’s not the players who arrive in their exquisite cars, for fleeting hours here and there.
Or the manager who has an office at the ground but prefers to be at his training base in the green fields on the edge of Ipswich.
Or the chief executive who says all the right things and charms the Suffolk powerbrokers with a blend of stories of his own Olympic glories past and Town’s deep history.
Or the press who arrive to do a generally-supportive job; or the loyal ITFC servants who toil behind the scenes for a tiny fraction of what the stars earn...
You may also want to watch:
- Read more, and have your say, in Nigel Pickover’s ITFC blog. Click the link to the right of this text to read the full post.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial