Blues backing Magilton - Walters
'WE'RE all backing Jim' was the message today from Ipswich Town midfielder Jon Walters.Reports that the 24-year-old had fallen out with Blues manager Jim Magilton persisted last month until refuted by the Coca-Cola Championship club and then the player himself earlier this week.
'WE'RE all backing Jim' was the message today from Ipswich Town midfielder Jon Walters.
“We are all playing for the manager,” said Walters.
“He is the same manager and using the same methods as he did last season when we finished a point away from the play-offs.
You may also want to watch:
“I am focussed on helping us move up the table, and I know the rest of the squad are as well.
Talking about criticism the Blues boss has received following three points from the opening four games, Walters said: “It is not the start we wanted or the one we expected. But the manager is big enough to handle the pressure and we have faith in his ability.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
“If he is backed into a corner he will come out fighting.
“A football season covers nine months and ours starts today.”