Blues backing Magilton - Walters
'WE'RE all backing Jim' was the message today from Ipswich Town midfielder Jon Walters.Reports that the 24-year-old had fallen out with Blues manager Jim Magilton persisted last month until refuted by the Coca-Cola Championship club and then the player himself earlier this week.
'WE'RE all backing Jim' was the message today from Ipswich Town midfielder Jon Walters.
“We are all playing for the manager,” said Walters.
“He is the same manager and using the same methods as he did last season when we finished a point away from the play-offs.
“I am focussed on helping us move up the table, and I know the rest of the squad are as well.
Talking about criticism the Blues boss has received following three points from the opening four games, Walters said: “It is not the start we wanted or the one we expected. But the manager is big enough to handle the pressure and we have faith in his ability.
- 1 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 4 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
“If he is backed into a corner he will come out fighting.
“A football season covers nine months and ours starts today.”