Countdown to new Green'Un starts
THE countdown is on - just 11 days until the new Green' Un launches on August 9, the first day of the new football season.
THE countdown is on - just days to go until the new Green' Un launches on August 9, the first day of the new football season.
And it's not just one Green'Un, but TWO.
That's the exciting news about the region's popular football paper, as both on-line and in print, the Green'Un moves into the future.
Plenty to look forward to, then . . . as Green'Un publisher MIKE BACON explains.
IT'S all systems go for the much-loved Green 'Un! The Ipswich region's treasured sports publication enters its 85th year in 2008 - and has not one but two new leases of life after the end of its run as a weekly newspaper.
First, there a powerful new website, www.greenun.co.uk, for all the latest news and gossip from the fast-moving world of local league soccer, youth football . . . and the professional game at Ipswich Town and Colchester United.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 and Orwell Bridge after wheel falls off ambulance
- 2 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 3 Two hour delays on A14 after road closed near Felixstowe
- 4 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 5 5 businesses opening up in Ipswich soon
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after three-car crash on A12 near Ipswich
- 7 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
- 8 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 9 A14 slip road closed near Ipswich after BMW catches fire
- 10 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
Then there's a brand new supplement, called The Green'Un, which is published free every Monday as part of The Evening Star.
It's a double dose of super football coverage as the Green'Un looks forward to another successful football season.
Green'Un publisher Mike Bacon said: “The Green'Un is re-modelling itself and not just in one, but two exciting forms.
“Our online publication is going to simply be the place for non-league fans to enjoy their own club's and league's notes and reports.
“Match reports will be going on-line as soon as games finish on Saturday night and club notes will still be part of the Green'Un on-line publication throughout the week.
“So you can still catch up on the exploits of GAG, The Ploughman or the Ripe Old Villa'n each and every week and at a time to suit you.
“In print there will be a new 24-page FREE supplement in Monday's Evening Star, with popular columnists like The Whistleblower. And even more exciting is Green'Un Gold, where we ask you to supply us with your old team pictures and memories.
“It's a change, but all for the best. It's fresher, brighter and just what the 21st Century requires from a fast-moving football publication.”
Already many non-league clubs are making contact with Mike at the Green'Un to help get their club up and running on the new Green'Un web site.
Exciting times ahead for the Green'Un?
New features for Green'Un on line…
- Improved Ipswich Town and Colchester United news and match-day coverage
- Live match tracker for Town and U's matches
- First picture coverage from matches with extensive online galleries
- New columnists as well as some of the old favourites from the traditional print edition
- Dynamic new coverage of non-league and local football
- Individual club pages for scores of non-league and local football teams. Each one will feature match reports and/or club notes, club history, colours, contact details and ground information.
- New blogs with top new bloggers, bringing you the best in on-line chat and wit
- Ipswich Town and Colchester United prediction leagues with big cash prizes
- Many more innovative new features to come throughout the coming season