GALLERY: Leeds United 2 Ipswich Town 1
Leeds v Ipswich: The Blues missed the chance to move back into the Championship’s top six, losing 2-1 at Leeds United on Wednesday evening.
Substitute Daryl Murphy saw his late penalty tipped on to the post by Leeds goalkeeper Marco Silvestri, the Whites hanging on to move up a place in the table.
All the action came in the last 20 minutes and especially during a crazy six-minute spell.
Alex Mowatt gave the hosts a 71st-minute lead with a superb free-kick, before fellow substitute Freddie Sears levelled three minutes later with an effort from a tight angle.
However, former Town target Billy Sharp volleyed home three minutes later to put United back in front.
You may also want to watch:
Murphy had the chance to level for Town but his 84th-minute spot-kick was brilliantly shut out by Leeds’ Italian ‘keeper.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes