Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- Credit: Ipswich Town
Ipswich Town have signed 6ft 5ins striker Tete Yengi on a free transfer from Australian A-League outfit Newcastle Jets.
The 20-year-old Australian has been named on the bench for Kieron Dyer's Town U23 side as they host Bristol City at Playford Road this afternoon.
Yengi, who can also play as a left-sided forward or attacking midfielder, has signed a one-year deal at Town, with the club having the option of a further 12 months.
First teamers Toto Nsiala, Louie Barry and Kayden Jackson all start for the U23 side.
Town U23: Ridd, Alexander, Nsiala, Baggott, Clements, Healy, Humphreys, Chirewa, Siziba, Barry, Jackson.
Subs: Cullum, Stewart, Yengi, Morris, Ward.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall