Deadline Day Recap: Celina and Morsy sign to complete Town's business
- Credit: ITFC/PA
The transfer window is now closed, with Ipswich Town signing two players on a busy deadline day.
Town completed their 17th signing of the summer yesterday with the arrival of goalkeeper Christian Walton, on loan from Brighton, and look set to add further new recruits before this evening’s 11pm deadline.
The centrepiece of the Blues’ summer business is likely to be attacking midfielder Bersant Celina, with the Portman Road side closing in on a loan move for a player who impressed during his temporary spell at the club in 2017/18.
Also on the agenda is a holding midfielder, with Middlesbrough’s Sam Morsy a leading target as Paul Cook bids for a reunion with a player who captained his teams at both Wigan and Chesterfield.
There are no guarantees, though, with neither Middlesbrough or Morsy pushing for a move at a time when the 29-year-old remains involved with Neil Warnock’s side, starting three of Boro’s five Championship games this season.
Should a move for Morsy not materialise, the Blues are understood to have other midfield targets to turn to as they bid to add muscle in the middle of the pitch.
In terms of exits, Armando Dobra will formally complete a loan move to Colchester later today after the switch was completed yesterday.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood