Ipswich YM set for Suffolk Cup final clash with 15-time winners Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich YM are targeting their first-ever victory in the Suffolk Cup, after reaching the final at the weekend.
The Rushmere-based side ran out 34-14 winners at Mersea Island in what doubled-up as an Eastern Counties 1 clash, to set up an encounter with 15-time winners Sudbury, at the London 3 North team’s Whittome Fields ground on March 29.
Ollie Howard (twice), Harry Crush (twice), Andrew Cooke and Carlton Ford scored tries for YM, who have won the Suffolk Plate, in 1987 and, most recently, in 2000, and the Shield in 2010.
Coach Jeff Searle said: “I’m really happy for the boys and it keeps the season going.
“It ensures that the players are still fighting for places and I am very happy for all involved.”
You may also want to watch:
See Wednesday’s Ipswich Star for an exclusive interview with Searle.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast