Ipswich YM under-16s crowned Eastern Counties champions
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich YM under-16s were crowned Eastern Counties champions by defeating the County Cup winners from Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
Diss graciously hosted the finals and played YM in the opening match which the visitors won through two tries and a penalty without reply.
YM faced Cambridge in the second match and it was their opponents who went ahead when the ball spilled out of the side of a YM scrum in the 22 for the opening converted try.
In the second period YM dominated and mounted all-out attack pinning Cambridge in their own half.
Penalties were being conceded thick and fast by the opposition, and one was kicked to narrow the gap.
You may also want to watch:
With three minutes left however, YM’s pressure final told with a converted try near the left corner for a well-deserved victory.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests