Leiston at full steam
Jewson League: Leiston Town 6 Cornard United 0 - LEISTON, playing only their second league fixture since mid-November, ended the year with an emphatic victory at Victory Road.
Leiston Town 6 Cornard United 0
LEISTON, playing only their second league fixture since mid-November, ended the year with an emphatic victory at Victory Road.
After an even opening, the home side opened the scoring on 10 minutes when a super run from Spurling ended with the alert Judd Chenery poking home.
Ennew lobbed against the bar with Cornard's only real threat of the half, and then two goals in a minute on the half-hour mark set up the victory.
You may also want to watch:
First, Judd Chenery fired home, and then Zippy Fryer lashed in from 12 yards.
Continued home pressure resulted in Jennings beating Snowdon for the fourth before another scintillating run from Spurling ended with Taylor grabbing his first for the club – all this inside the first 45 minutes.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
Five minutes after the restart Fryer released Judd Chenery who calmly slotted home the sixth for his hat-trick, and also his 17th goal of the season in the process.
Cornard never gave in and were unfortunate on a couple of occasions but they were no match for the rampant home side who, through Goddard, Taylor, Spurling and Jennings could, and really should, have reached double figures.