Local batsmen could face Deadly Donald
ONE of the deadliest bowlers in the world may soon be terrifying Ipswich club cricketers.The fearsome Alan Donald is being tipped to play a couple of games or so for Copdock and Old Ipswichians in the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship.
By Elvin King
ONE of the deadliest bowlers in the world may soon be terrifying Ipswich club cricketers.
The fearsome Alan Donald is being tipped to play a couple of games or so for Copdock and Old Ipswichians in the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship.
The South African pace man is the brother-in-law of Copdock player Robert Earl, and talks are
currently taking place about Donald joining the club this season.
"We are trying to twist his arm," said Copdock skipper John East today.
- 1 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 2 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 3 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 4 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 5 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 6 Hopes Summertime Ipswich firework display will go ahead
- 7 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
- 8 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 9 Fire at waste centre near Ipswich believed to have been started by battery
- 10 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
See tonight's Star for the full story