Lol: Think of me like this
SPEEDWAY: This is the how Lawrence Hare wants to be remembered. Taken at a St Trinians-type party he made a special request to me to use it in the Evening Star.
By Elvin King
THIS is the how Lawrence Hare wants to be remembered. Taken at a St Trinians-type party he made a special request to me to use it in the Evening Star today.
Speaking exclusively to the Evening Star from his ward at the Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, the 32-year-old said: "Thanks for giving me a chance to say a big thank you to everybody involved in my benefit meeting at Foxhall Stadium last night.
"I find it hard to put into words how I feel. It is just amazing that so many people put in so much work and travelled so far. Hopefully every fan enjoyed themselves and I will be at Foxhall Stadium soon to say thanks personally.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't want to be thought of in speedway gear, or laying in a hospital bend. This is how I want to be portrayed."
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 9 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests