Louis upset by call-off timing
JOHN Louis blasted the decision to call off the Sky Bet Elite League speedway meeting at Eastbourne last night after just one race.The Ipswich Evening Star Witches promoter said: “It was a disgrace.
JOHN Louis blasted the decision to call off the Sky Bet Elite League speedway meeting at Eastbourne last night after just one race.
The Ipswich Evening Star Witches promoter said: “It was a disgrace. After all the trauma of waiting about for an hour or so and the referee wanting to get on with the meeting, it was outrageous that it should end as it did.
“Eastbourne were pushing for the match to start and I give them full marks for the effort they put in.
“But once we gained a 5-1 in the first race, all of a sudden they wanted it off.”
You may also want to watch:
See tonight's Evening Star for full story
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff