Naylor shows strikers the way
DEFENDER Richard Naylor goes into tomorrow's Ipswich Town home game with Rotherham as the proud three-goal top marksman at Portman Road.The last time Naylor topped the scoring charts at the start of October was in 1999.
By Dave Allard
DEFENDER Richard Naylor goes into tomorrow's Ipswich Town home game with Rotherham as the proud three-goal top marksman at Portman Road.
The last time Naylor topped the scoring charts at the start of October was in 1999...and look what happened that season!
The Blues ended the campaign by beating Barnsley 4-2 in a First Division Wembley play-off final with Naylor coming on as a substitute to get one of the goals.
His goals this season – two grand headers and a close-range effort – have been a real bonus for manager Joe Royle at a time when his front men have so often fired blanks.
Naylor said: "The more goals I can get the better. But there are some very talented strikers ready to boost their tallies."
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
Full story see tonight's Star