Penalty miss vital as Achilles lose
SIL SOCCER: Walsham 3 Achilles 1. Walsham remain favourites for the championship after this victory, but had a let-off when Coote missed a second half penalty. After five minutes player manager Smith opened the scoring after good football between Musgrove, Partridge, Miles and Moye.
Walsham 3 Achilles 1
WALSHAM remain favourites for the championship after this victory, but had a let-off when Coote missed a second half penalty.
After five minutes player manager Smith opened the scoring after good football between Musgrove, Partridge, Miles and Moye.
Barber found the ball at his feet but his shot was charged down. Coote's cross was chested down by Barber by Grimwood who shot over. Good crossfield ball by Crane found Wallis who shot into the side netting from 35 yards.
Good football in the 42nd minute between Grimwood and Coote finished with the latter striking from 20 yards into the top corner giving Mustoe no chance.
A mix-up in the Walsham defence nearly let in Coote again. A Walsham corner headed goalwards by Smith was cleared off the line.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 6 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 8 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Ipswich Hospital parking costs rise for first time in 10 years
In the first minute of the second half a long Joe Moye throw found its way into the six-yard box and M Moye stabbed home.
Coote ran at Walsham's defence and had a shot blocked. Barber won a 50-50 with Mustoe, but allowed Moye to get in a tackle and Mustoe cleared.
Achilles were awarded a penalty which Coote fired well over.
Four minutes from time a long Wallis throw bounced across the area to the far post where Musgrove made no mistake.