Penalty miss vital as Achilles lose
SIL SOCCER: Walsham 3 Achilles 1. Walsham remain favourites for the championship after this victory, but had a let-off when Coote missed a second half penalty. After five minutes player manager Smith opened the scoring after good football between Musgrove, Partridge, Miles and Moye.
Walsham 3 Achilles 1
WALSHAM remain favourites for the championship after this victory, but had a let-off when Coote missed a second half penalty.
After five minutes player manager Smith opened the scoring after good football between Musgrove, Partridge, Miles and Moye.
Barber found the ball at his feet but his shot was charged down. Coote's cross was chested down by Barber by Grimwood who shot over. Good crossfield ball by Crane found Wallis who shot into the side netting from 35 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Good football in the 42nd minute between Grimwood and Coote finished with the latter striking from 20 yards into the top corner giving Mustoe no chance.
A mix-up in the Walsham defence nearly let in Coote again. A Walsham corner headed goalwards by Smith was cleared off the line.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
In the first minute of the second half a long Joe Moye throw found its way into the six-yard box and M Moye stabbed home.
Coote ran at Walsham's defence and had a shot blocked. Barber won a 50-50 with Mustoe, but allowed Moye to get in a tackle and Mustoe cleared.
Achilles were awarded a penalty which Coote fired well over.
Four minutes from time a long Wallis throw bounced across the area to the far post where Musgrove made no mistake.