Play-off hopes clawed back by Lions
Ipswich Town 1 Millwall 1IPSWICH Town's hopes of a Championship play-off place were given a severe blow when lowly Millwall equalised five minutes from the end at Portman Road today.
By Elvin King
Ipswich Town 1 Millwall 1
IPSWICH Town's hopes of a Championship play-off place were given a severe blow when lowly Millwall equalised five minutes from the end at Portman Road today.
Owen Garvan gave the Blues a sixth minute lead during an eventful opening, but for much of the game Ipswich were hanging on to what they had.
Substitute Danny Haynes was denied by an excellent Andy Marshall save but otherwise it was the Londoners who held the upper hand in the second period.
But just when brave defending looked like earning Town a second clean sheet in a row, David Livermore headed high into the net following a corner.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 3 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 4 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 5 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 6 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 7 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 8 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 9 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 10 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
Millwall had Tony Craig sent off in stoppage time for his second yellow card offence, and Town were left in no doubt that wins at both Preston and Crystal Palace next week are now vital if they are to stand a serious chance of a top-six finish.