Poor Needham are walloped
SOCCER: Hadleigh 4 Needham Mararket 0. This was the second meeting between these sides inside the last eight days and once again it was Hadleigh who finished on top at the end of this first leg of the Jewson League Cup.
Hadleigh 4 Needham Mararket 0
THIS was the second meeting between these sides inside the last eight days and once again it was Hadleigh who finished on top at the end of this first leg of the Jewson League Cup.
They went ahead after 16 minutes when Dennett and Smith combined down the left and Godbold volleyed in from Smith's centre.
In the 27th minute Broomfield was brought down by Folkard and Grant converted the resultant penalty kick.
Four minutes into the second half Godbold increased the lead from 25 yards, and there was more to come on the hour when Godbold headed into the danger area and Arnold got a finishing touch for Hadleigh's fourth goal.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
Needham seldom looked liked getting back into contention until the 87th minute when Wake missed narrowly from distance.
STOWMARKET will be looking to bounce back to winning ways following their disappointing exit from the FA Cup when neighbours Ipswich Wanderers visit tonight.
The home side will be without suspended Matt Proctor but otherwise hope to be at full strength.
Squad: Nunn, Barker, Ratcliffe, Langham, D Barnard, Scoulding, Platt, Mayes, Jopling, Roberts, R Aldis, Yeomans, Pannell, Knowles, M Barnard and Whatling.