Reasons to be cheerful
THE future looks bright for Ipswich Evening Star Witches after clinching three big deals today.For the ninth successive season the Evening Star is going to be main club sponsor in 2007.
By Elvin King
THE future looks bright for Ipswich Evening Star Witches after clinching three big deals today.
For the ninth successive season the Evening Star is going to be main club sponsor in 2007.
Rider/manager Chris Louis put pen to paper to confirm that he will be riding speedway at Foxhall Stadium for the 20th consecutive campaign.
You may also want to watch:
And highly-rated 22-year-old Pole Marcin Rempala signed a contract to ride for the Witches in the Elite League next year.
The signing of Rempala is a coup for Ipswich as the youngster is highly rated and rode in the World Cup final at Poole in 2004 scoring seven points.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
The former world under-21 number five has not ridden in the Elite League before and comes into the Witches side with a 5.0 point assessed average.
This means he is set to start in the team proper, although this will depend on the make-up of the rest of the side.
Mark Loram is the third confirmed starter, and Louis says he hopes to make public the rest of the team later this week.