Royle: Write us off at your peril
JOE Royle has been stung into action during his long weekend break in Majorca.The Ipswich Town manager returned to Suffolk today even more determined to make it a season to remember for Blues fans.
By Elvin King
JOE Royle has been stung into action during his long weekend break in Majorca.
The Ipswich Town manager returned to Suffolk today even more determined to make it a season to remember for Blues fans.
He has been at his Mediterranean retreat since Town's 1-1 draw with Bulgarians Levski Sofia on Friday – and found some very productive reading.
"There have been a couple of articles where we have been written off," said Royle before boarding his plane for the journey home.
"We are not considered strong enough to make a challenge for promotion after having to sell players over the last 12 months.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 3 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 7 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 8 35 more of Suffolk’s oldest surnames – is yours on the list?
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
"This is just the bait I need. It has made me even more determined and gives me an extra incentive – if I needed it – to do well."
See tonight's Evening Star for full story