Sporting stars help to boost charity
SPORTS DINNER: Former international stars Gareth Chilcott and Mike Summerbee helped to raise almost £3,000 for charity at a sporting dinner in Ipswich.
FORMER international stars Gareth Chilcott and Mike Summerbee helped to raise almost £3,000 for charity at a sporting dinner in Ipswich.
Chilcott, the ex-Bath and British Lions prop, and Summerbee, a former Manchester City and England winger, were the speakers at the latest in a long line of Archway Events functions at the County Hotel, Copdock.
The event raised a total of £2,940, with donations going to Suffolk-based charity Disability Care Enterprise, as well as the MS Society and Children with Leukaemia.
You may also want to watch:
The next Archway Events sporting dinner will feature cricket legend Sir Garfield Sobers, as well as ex-England captain Chris Cowdrey, on May 28, 2003 at the County Hotel.
For booking details contact Archway Events on 01362 869069.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast