Swede backs Blues for Euro glory
TOP Swedish football agent Kent Carlzon today tipped Ipswich to overcome Helsingborgs in the UEFA Cup.Gothenburg-based Carlzon, who represents a number of leading Scandinavian stars, said: "I know both teams and I feel Ipswich will be much stronger.
By Mel Henderson
TOP Swedish football agent Kent Carlzon today tipped Ipswich to overcome Helsingborgs in the UEFA Cup.
Gothenburg-based Carlzon, who represents a number of leading Scandinavian stars, said: "I know both teams and I feel Ipswich will be much stronger. I would expect them to win quite easily.
"But you never know in football. Last year Inter Milan were expected to beat Helsingborg and look what happened – they knocked the Italians out of the Champions League qualifying competition.
"Helsingborgs were Swedish champions two years ago but they are not as strong now. They are too far behind to win it again this season – the best they can do is to finish second."
Fifth-placed Helsingborgs won 3-0 at bottom club Trelleborg on Sunday, a result that saw their opponents relegated.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 5 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 6 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 9 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
Carlzon added: "Helsingborgs are an older team. Goalkeeper Sven Andersson is 37, Ulrik Jansson is 33, Hans Eklund 32 and Jesper Jansson is 31.
"They are very strong and well organised defensively. The left-back, Christoffer Andersson, is 22 and plays for the Swedish national team. They also have two under-21 internationals, but they are not regulars."