Talent galore at Foxhall Stadium
THE Lions and the Euros will race the Eagles and Roos at Foxhall Stadium tomorrow night.A plethora of young talent will be on show in a meeting, which has been changed from a four-team tournament to a two-team meeting.
THE Lions and the Euros will race the Eagles and Roos at Foxhall Stadium tomorrow night.
A plethora of young talent will be on show in a meeting, which has been changed from a four-team tournament to a two-team meeting.
With the likes of Tai Woffinden, James Wright, Travis McGowan and Chris Schramm on view, as well as many up-and-coming foreign riders, there is likely to be plenty of exciting racing on offer in Foxhall Stadium's penultimate meeting of the season.
“It's a chance for us to see a few uncontracted riders at our track and we certainly have one eye on the 2009 season while we watch some of these boys,” Witches skipper Chris Louis said.
“It will be interesting to see how some of them go up against the more experienced riders like Tai Woffinden, Travis McGowan and Chris Schramm.
- 1 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 2 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 3 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Racing bike worth more than £1,000 stolen outside Sainsbury's in Ipswich
- 9 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 10 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
“It is not proving a cheap exercise getting many of them over here to race, but with one eye on next season, we are looking forward to watching some of them.”
The Witches final meeting of 2008 comes next Thursday, October 23, with the 16-Lapper.
Already finalised to ride are Eddie Kennett, Rory Schlein, Troy Batchelor, Scott Nicholls and hopefully Piotr Swiderski.
Tomorrow's line-ups and some rider information
Young Lions and Euros: 1 Tai Woffinden, 2 Leon Madsen (rides for Wroclaw in Poland and Indianerna, Sweden), 3. James Wright, 4 Linus Sundstrom (rides for Bydgoszcz in Poland and Piraterna in Sweden), 5 Chris Schramm (c) 6 Sonke Petersen (rides for Brokstedt and Grindsted in Denmark).
Young Eagles and Roos: 1 Krzysztof Stojanowski, 2 Marcin Liberski (rides for Lodz, Poland), 3 Travis McGowan (c), 4 Trent Leverington, 5 Grzegorz Zengota (rides for Zielona Gora in Poland and Masarnaavest in Sweden), 6 Pawel Miesiac (rides for Daugavpils in Poland, and Masarnaavesta, in Sweden).