Tarrant all set for Germany
CRICKET: IPSWICH and East Suffolk stalwart Rob Tarrant has played his last game for the Chantry Park-based club.He has left Chantry School, where he has worked in the PE department for a number of years, to move to Germany with his partner Vanessa.
IPSWICH and East Suffolk stalwart Rob Tarrant has played his last game for the Chantry Park-based club.
He has left Chantry School, where he has worked in the PE department for a number of years, to move to Germany with his partner Vanessa.
Rob, who was manager of the England women's indoor cricket teams and travelled to competitions in Australia and South Africa, had his last game at Ivry Street against the Copdock and Old Ipswichians second team.
He was presented with gifts and a signed IES shirt at a special party that went on long into the night at the Chantry Park club house on Saturday.
Rob plans to still play the odd game when he returns to Ipswich during the holiday season. He was also a regular player with Ipswich rugby club.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station