Town ace Reuser given a free
IPSWICH TOWN have given their Dutch international midfield man Martijn Reuser a free transfer.Manager Joe Royle said: "He's a luxury we can't afford.
By Dave Allard
IPSWICH TOWN have given their Dutch international midfield man Martijn Reuser a free transfer.
Manager Joe Royle said: "He's a luxury we can't afford."
The 28-year-old was signed for a million pounds from Vitesse Arnhem three years ago after a period on loan.
He has made one substitute appearance for the first team since coming back from an August knee operation.
Royle continued: "Martijn is one of our higher earners and this was a decision we had to make. I've spoken to him and he's taken it very professionally. Another reason is that the current system here doesn't suit him."
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
Reuser made 77 senior Town appearances.
Last night Royle watched him in action at Portman Road as the reserves drew 1-1 with Leicester.