Town ace Reuser given a free
IPSWICH TOWN have given their Dutch international midfield man Martijn Reuser a free transfer.Manager Joe Royle said: "He's a luxury we can't afford.
By Dave Allard
IPSWICH TOWN have given their Dutch international midfield man Martijn Reuser a free transfer.
Manager Joe Royle said: "He's a luxury we can't afford."
The 28-year-old was signed for a million pounds from Vitesse Arnhem three years ago after a period on loan.
You may also want to watch:
He has made one substitute appearance for the first team since coming back from an August knee operation.
Royle continued: "Martijn is one of our higher earners and this was a decision we had to make. I've spoken to him and he's taken it very professionally. Another reason is that the current system here doesn't suit him."
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
Reuser made 77 senior Town appearances.
Last night Royle watched him in action at Portman Road as the reserves drew 1-1 with Leicester.