Town hammered at home
Ipswich 2 West Ham 3: IPSWICH Town slipped deeper into the Premiership's relegation dogfight following a 3-2 home defeat to West Ham United.
IPSWICH Town slipped deeper into the Premiership's relegation dogfight following a 3-2 home defeat to West Ham United.
Paolo Di Canio gave West Ham a half-time lead with a neatly taken finish after good work from Frederic Kanoute.
In the 63rd minute Hermann Hriedarsson equalised for Town after Shaka Hislop flapped at a Mark Venus free-kick but just nine minutes later the impressive Kanoute had restored the Hammers' lead with a deflected shot which left Matteo Sereni with no chance.
Town pressed forward to find a second equaliser but with two minutes left West Ham clinched the points when Jermaine Defoe raced clear of Town debutant Thomas Gaardsoe and fired home.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Holland immediately brought Town back within one goal with a 30 yard shot into the top corner but Ipswich could do nothing more to prevent a disappointing home defeat.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am