Town unveil Acadmey new boys
IPSWICH Town have announced seven full time scholars who will join the Academy in the summer.They are: JACK AINSLEY: Hails from Felixstowe and is the son of former Blues youth team player George - and the brother of ex-academy scholar Stuart.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Town have announced seven full time scholars who will join the Academy in the summer.
JACK AINSLEY: Hails from Felixstowe and is the son of former Blues youth team player George - and the brother of ex-academy scholar Stuart. A striker, he has been with Ipswich since he was eight. He is an England Under-17 international.
You may also want to watch:
CRAIG CALVER: Another striker, he comes from Saffron Walden. Has played for Ipswich at Under-18 level and was with Cambridge City until 2005. A hard worker who has the knack of being in the right place at the right time in front of goal.
REGGIE LAMBE: Lives in Bermuda and goes to school in New York. An attacking midfielder with an eye for goal.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
Impressed Town coaches on three visits to the club and will now switch his base to Suffolk.
PAUL WATSON: Attracted interest from both Celtic and Rangers.
This central defender comes from Scotland and has been at Portman Road on and off for the last three years. He spent his work experience from school at the club.
JOE CLEMO: Hertfordshire-based, he is a right-sided attacking full-back who can also play in midfield.
Came through Town's development centres at Harlow and Chelmsford and has already been included in the reserve squad.
MATT DANIELS: A central midfielder with an eye for a good pass, he joined Ipswich on trial, having previously been with Norwich City, and has done enough to be offered a scholarship. Was an unused sub for the reserves at Leyton Orient last week.
PAUL MURPHY: An Irish lad from Wexford, he has played for famous breeding ground club Home Farm. Also played for Crumlin United. A striker, he spent last week with the Republic of Ireland Under-16 side at the Montaigu Tournament in France.