Ufford to stage Order of Merit event
Golf: UFFORD Park will stage the first PGA East Region Order of Merit tournament in Suffolk for 15 years.It will be held on September 18, 19 and 20 with a record prize fund and will be known as the Ufford Park Classic.
UFFORD Park will stage the first PGA East Region Order of Merit tournament in Suffolk for 15 years.
It will be held on September 18, 19 and 20 with a record prize fund and will be known as the Ufford Park Classic.
The fact that Ufford Park has been voted one of the best 40 winter courses in Britain for the second year running, and are celebrating their tenth year
anniversary, contributed to the PGA's decision of holding an order of merit event at the club.
You may also want to watch:
Ufford Park are delighted to be have been asked to stage this event that will attract the best players in the East region.
But it has meant that the club has had reschedule some other events to accommodate the Ufford Park Classic.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
The Hopkins Homes East Anglian Challenge Trophy will now be played on April 17. Entry for this tournament will be through the PGA, as will the Ufford Park Classic with one of the qualifying rounds to be held at the Woodbridge-based course on April 18.
Friday, June 28 is another big day in Ufford's anniversary year. The club will host this region's heat for the inaugural and Golf World sponsored Best Western Seniors Masters with the two-day final at Forest Pines in August.
The Rett Classic, is regarded as one of the biggest charity golf days held in Europe. This year it has been extended to two days and will be played at Ufford Park on July 4 and 5.
The Rett Classic is now in its 14th year, but already the majority of teams have been booked with the organiser, Colin Carter at CEL Engineering in Melton, Woodbridge.
Any further applications must be booked as soon as possible.