Under-14s netball team reach national finals
Copleston School’s under-14 netball team competed in the East of England round of the Sports college Netball Tournament, held at Hitchingbrooke Sports College in Cambridge, recently.
All of the girls played their socks off and were outstanding against some tough and respectable opposition.
The Under-14s won all of their games bar one and finished East of England runners-up, bringing home a medal each.
They are now through to the National Finals in a fortnight’s time.
Every player stepped up their game and showed off some excellent netball skills. They worked together as a team and they all played an important part in Copleston’s success.
Under-14 team: Emma Pond GS (c), Sharna Lambert GA, Apple May Bustamante WA, Georgie Day C, Dilly Wamuki WD, Nicole Staple-Smith GD, Katie Grogan GK, Bethany Williams WD, Emmallee Howell WA. Emma Winterburn (Team manager and coach).
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams