Vase hopes boost
IPSWICH Wanderers have given their FA Vase hopes a boost by signing Gareth Jones from Bury Town.The midfielder previously played for Histon and was in the Wanderers squad for their home win over Stanway Rovers in the Ridgeons League on Saturday.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Wanderers have given their FA Vase hopes a boost by signing Gareth Jones from Bury Town.
The midfielder previously played for Histon and was in the Wanderers squad for their home win over Stanway Rovers in the Ridgeons League on Saturday.
On the way out are Alan Mills, Terry Layton (both to Felixstowe and Walton United) and Ben Miller (Woodbridge Town).
Talking about Histon, what a transformation between them and neighbours Cambridge United!
In the early nineties Histon were in the First Division of the Ridgeons League with Cambridge United in the play-offs for a place in Division One (now Premier).
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
Full marks to Histon chairman Gareth Baldwin, who has overseen a remarkable rise culminating in the Conference South side thrashing United 5-0 in the FA Trophy on Saturday.