Walton to cut ties
SIMON Walton will cut his ties with Ipswich Town after Monday's Championship game against leaders Birmingham City at Portman Road (kick-off 3pm).The 19-year-old midfielder confirmed today that he will be returning to Charlton Athletic on Tuesday.
By Elvin King
SIMON Walton will cut his ties with Ipswich Town after Monday's Championship game against leaders Birmingham City at Portman Road (kick-off 3pm).
The 19-year-old midfielder confirmed today that he will be returning to Charlton Athletic on Tuesday.
And after four and a half months on loan with the Blues he will not return.
“It is time I settled down, and Charlton is my club,” said Walton.
“The Valley is where I want to play my football. I cannot see myself coming back to Ipswich.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 10 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
“I spoke to Charlton general manager this week and he confirmed that I will be going back on January 2.
“I did okay at Leeds and have done okay at Ipswich. Now it is a new challenge for me - to do okay at Charlton.”
FOR a full version of Simon Walton's interview - and his views on Ipswich Town - see tonight's Green'Un.