Westlake is Town hero
IPSWICH Town edged closer to the play-offs in a 1-1 draw with Sheffield United last night.Ian Westlake grabbed the crucial 72nd minute goal that earned the Blues a point from a pulsating clash at Bramall Lane.
IPSWICH Town edged closer to the play-offs in a 1-1 draw with Sheffield United last night.
Ian Westlake grabbed the crucial 72nd minute goal that earned the Blues a point from a pulsating clash at Bramall Lane.
That left Joe Royle's men needing victory over visiting Cardiff in next weekend's final game of the Nationwide League First Division campaign to be certain of finishing in the top six.
Westlake grabbed his seventh goal of the campaign to cancel out the Blades' opener - a 64th minute penalty by Andy Gray after Fabian Wilnis had tripped Michael Tonge.
You may also want to watch:
FULL STORY & REACTION IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 Not long to wait for new café at Needham Lake