Whole team to reunite
EVERY member of Sir Bobby Robson's FA cup-winning team - including the famous manager himself - has confirmed their attendance at a 30th anniversary celebration.
IPSWICH Town fans have snapped up the opportunity to dine with their 1978 FA Cup heroes - but there is still time to secure your space.
Every member of Sir Bobby Robson's cup-winning team - including the famous manager himself - has confirmed their attendance at the 30th anniversary celebration.
The reunion is likely to be the final time the Ipswich Town Wembley heroes are all together again on what is sure to be an occasion charged with emotion.
Brave Sir Bobby, battling cancer for the fifth time, will lead the festivities as the town pays homage to the legends of 1978.
The event, 30 Years of Honour, will take place throughout May 5.
The players will enjoy an open top bus ride through Ipswich before tucking into a gala dinner at the Town Hall - where they will be joined by supporters who have bought tables at the special occasion.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
The squad will be making the pilgrimage to Suffolk from the across the globe.
Paul Mariner, now a coach in America's Major League Soccer, is jetting across the Atlantic, Brian Talbot is coming from Malta, while goalie Paul Cooper will fly in from Tenerife.
Meanwhile, thousands of Blues fans will converge on the Cornhill to watch the highlights of the win against Arsenal which will be beamed out on a giant screen.
Tables for the dinner are selling fast, with groups and businesses desperate to dine with their idols.
Another 170 tickets have also been released which will be sold on an individual basis to those who want to be a part of the celebration.
Tables of ten are being sold at £1,000 each, while tickets to the celebration cost £50 each.
To secure your place, or to find out more, contact Michelle Dorrell on 01473 324867 or e-mail email@example.com
Tell us your FA Cup memories. Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The 1978 numbers game
100,000 - supporters who filled a sun-soaked Wembley
12 - minutes left when Roger Osborne smashed in the only goal of the game
8 - pounds, the cost of a ticket for the 1978 final
21 - goals Sir Bobby Robson's heroes banged in on the road to FA Cup glory