Wise Ipswich too much for Owls
Ipswich Town 4 Sheffield Wednesday 1THE jellybeans clearly worked for the Blues as they romped to a three goal half-time lead before beating the Owls with a fourth in the second half.
Ipswich Town 4 Sheffield Wednesday 1
THE jellybeans clearly worked for the Blues as they romped to a three goal half-time lead before beating the Owls with a fourth in the second half.
Pablo Counago won a first minute penalty, which Alan Lee converted as Town got off to a flyer.
Lee then set up Gary Roberts who volleyed in an early contender for goal of the season in the 11th minute.
Lee grabbed his second with a 20-yard first time shot after a long ball from Counago and the Spaniard got the goal he deserved on the hour after a low cross from Jon Walters.
Before the game it was revealed that many of the Town players munched on jellybean during a game to give them energy and hoped it would bring the sweet taste of success.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 8 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
Leon Clarke got a late consolation from close range after Alex Bruce saved off the line from a Marcus Tudgay header.