Witches hopeful of signing Jensen deal
IPSWICH Witches are hopeful of completing the loan signing of 29-year-old Danish rider Jesper B Jensen.While Witches fans will be disappointed their clash with Coventry Bees was called off with rain falling steadily at 6.
By Mike Bacon
IPSWICH Witches are hopeful of completing the loan signing of 29-year-old Danish rider Jesper B Jensen.
While Witches fans will be disappointed their clash with Coventry Bees was called off with rain falling steadily at 6.40pm last night - the second time this season the fixture has been postponed - they will be buoyed by the news they could be getting Jensen.
Witches rider manager Chris Louis said: “I must stress that there is nothing official, but I am hopeful something can be agreed soon.
You may also want to watch:
“If we do manage to secure Jesper he will take the place of the injured Mark Loram - and I am sure he would do a great job.
“I think it is fair to disregard his form with Oxford this year - the reasons should be obvious - and Jesper has been riding well in both the Polish and Swedish Leagues.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
“He was a popular member of our side at Foxhall in 2004, and we did not want to see him go the following year when our hands were tied by rider averages.”
If Jensen does complete the formalities he may have to complete a 28-day ban for withholding his services from Oxford. He would come to Ipswich with the 8.45 average he began the season with at Oxford.
The Witches and the Bees will try again tonight at Brandon Stadium, 8pm.
The Witches are waiting on confirmation from either Lee Richardson or Edward Kennett to guest for Mark Loram at No.1, while the Bees swap reserves Martin Smolinski and Ollie Allen in the riding order.
Coventry; 1 S Nicholls, 2 B Janniro, 3 R Schlein, 4 S Johnston, 5 C Harris, 6 M Smolinski, 7 O Allen.
Ipswich: 1 Guest or R/R, 2 K Jansson, 3 C Louis, 4 Z Suchecki, 5 R Miskowiak, 6 M Rempala, 7 T Kroner.