Woodbridge full of youth
WOODBRIDGE Town have the youngest squad in the Premier Division of the Ridgeons League.The average ago of Micky Stockwell's set of registered players is just 19.
By Elvin King
WOODBRIDGE Town have the youngest squad in the Premier Division of the Ridgeons League.
The average ago of Micky Stockwell's set of registered players is just 19.
Wisbech Town's average of 25 is the highest in the top division. This is matched by Debenham Leisure Club, Downham Town and Hadleigh United in the First Division where the youngest squads are Whitton United and Yarmouth with an average age of 21.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently 3,806 players registered with Ridgeons League senior clubs. Woodbridge Town (75) and Diss Town (74) have the most with CRC and Ely City (26 each) the least.
In the Metaltec SIL, there are currently 4,001 players registered with Stowupland Falcons (86) having the most and Trimley Red Devils (18) the least.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 4 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
Trimley and Walsham-le-Willows have the lowest average age squads (21) and they meet in the Omnico Cup on Saturday. John Bull United have the oldest squad, with an average age of 31.