Drumming sensation Nandi takes stage in Bowie tribute concert - at age of 9
- Credit: Archant
Nine-year-old Ipswich drumming sensation Nandi Bushell has proved her talent yet again - playing at a London music venue in a David Bowie tribute concert.
Nandi tweeted yesterday: "Wow wow wow! Last night I rocked out at 02 Shepherds Bush Empire in London with the @BowieTour."
Her tweet included a clip showcasing her amazing high-energy drumming.
The Bowie Celebration tour features key musicians from David Bowie's bands from across the decades, performing an evening of Bowie's songs.
In her tweet, Nandi thanked pianist Mike Garson for inviting her to jam, and added: "It was incredible!"
The tour's Twitter feed posted a photo of all the musicians on stage, including Nandi, commenting: "So much talent on stage last night in London."
The youngster previously hit the headlines last month when she appeared on the popular Ellen DeGeneres TV show, in what she described as her "best day ever".
- 1 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 4 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 5 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
- 10 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
In her appearance on the show, Nandi performed Nirvana's In Bloom, receiving rapturous applause from the audience. She also spoke about Beatle Ringo Starr, who inspired her to take up drumming when she was just five years old.
Nandi appeared in an Argos advert at Christmas, drumming a Simple Minds track, after previously appearing in an ad for John Lewis at Christmas 2018.
She is also a social media star, with more than 80,000 followers on Instagram. Nandi has had posts shared by System of a Down frontman Serj Tankian and has performed alongside four-time Grammy Award winning musician Lenny Kravitz.