Drumming sensation Nandi takes stage in Bowie tribute concert - at age of 9
- Credit: Archant
Nine-year-old Ipswich drumming sensation Nandi Bushell has proved her talent yet again - playing at a London music venue in a David Bowie tribute concert.
Nandi tweeted yesterday: "Wow wow wow! Last night I rocked out at 02 Shepherds Bush Empire in London with the @BowieTour."
Her tweet included a clip showcasing her amazing high-energy drumming.
The Bowie Celebration tour features key musicians from David Bowie's bands from across the decades, performing an evening of Bowie's songs.
In her tweet, Nandi thanked pianist Mike Garson for inviting her to jam, and added: "It was incredible!"
You may also want to watch:
The tour's Twitter feed posted a photo of all the musicians on stage, including Nandi, commenting: "So much talent on stage last night in London."
The youngster previously hit the headlines last month when she appeared on the popular Ellen DeGeneres TV show, in what she described as her "best day ever".
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
In her appearance on the show, Nandi performed Nirvana's In Bloom, receiving rapturous applause from the audience. She also spoke about Beatle Ringo Starr, who inspired her to take up drumming when she was just five years old.
Nandi appeared in an Argos advert at Christmas, drumming a Simple Minds track, after previously appearing in an ad for John Lewis at Christmas 2018.
She is also a social media star, with more than 80,000 followers on Instagram. Nandi has had posts shared by System of a Down frontman Serj Tankian and has performed alongside four-time Grammy Award winning musician Lenny Kravitz.