Annika’s Cilla/Dusty Tribute show is `Fab’ for hospital
- Credit: Archant
She loves you, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Annika Rand’s Sixties tribute show, in Ipswich on last Saturday was a great success for Ipswich Hospital, Somersham Ward.
“It was really Fab,” said Annika, “We had 80 people along to support it, and they all loved it.
“It was all thanks to my Mum selling tickets and Auntie Denise helping sort out the food.”
The show took place at Newton Road Conservative Club.
Annika’s latest tribute show features the sounds of the Swingin’ Sixties and she appears as Cilla Black and Dusty Springfield their hit songs of the era.
“It was a really great turn out, and a great result for Somersham Ward.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 5 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 6 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 9 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 10 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
Annika went along to Ipswich Hospital this week and presented £750 to members of the Somersham Ward Cancer Unit Support Group.
The Somersham Ward support group raised funds for new equipment for the department, she said, and also to provide tea, coffee and extra treats for cancer patients, during their treatment.
Annika is also presenting her Tribute Show at other venues this year.