New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- Credit: ARCHANT/BOOM:BATTLE BAR
An adventure bar offering Bavarian axe-throwing, mini-golf and beer pong could be coming to Ipswich’s Buttermarket shopping centre if new proposals go ahead.
The owners of Boom: Battle Bar, which already has sites in Norwich’s Castle Mall and Cardiff, have applied for a premises licence at the former Coast 2 Coast restaurant outlet on the ground floor.
Bosses say the build and internal refit will cost £2million, with the 11,000 sq ft finished bar providing 50 full and part-time jobs in the town.
Games and activities at the Ipswich bar are expected to include electronic darts, a giant shuffle board and pool tables plus a range of craft beers, cocktails and street food.
David Moore, who owns the Boom: Battle Bar franchise, explained the concept when opening its first East Anglian premises last year.
“Boom: Battle Bar combines fantastic social activities with games and technology in an awesome bar environment,” he said.
“It is a great place to meet up and try so many new things.”
A sign in the window of the Coast 2 Coast premises, which closed its doors permanently last summer, indicates Raskan Enterprises Ltd has applied to sell alcohol, offer indoor sporting and entertainment, and late-night refreshments seven days a week.
Representations about the application must be made to Ipswich Borough Council by October 17, 2021.
If approved, the new bar would join the most recent addition to the Buttermarket, Burger Priest, which is on the second floor next to Cosy Club.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 6 Could you offer these rescue animals a forever home?
- 7 Decision expected on Brewdog bar at Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Some of the best mischievous elf ideas seen across Suffolk
- 9 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 10 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
Alongside plans to open in Ipswich, the franchise’s website indicates it also hopes to add sites in Chelmsford and at the Lakeside Shopping Centre in Essex.
Our sister site the EDP tried out the Norwich bar, which reviewer Louisa Baldwin described as the “ultimate adult playground”, last summer.