Bring along your favourite objects to inspire you
- Credit: Archant
Families invited to take join regular art sessions at university
University Campus Suffolk’s Family Art Club this month will be on the theme of ‘Everyday Treasure in Everyday Life’.
Taking place on Saturday March 19 in the Waterfront Gallery at UCS, the monthly art club aims to introduces young people to a contemporary art gallery giving them the opportunity to really explore the exhibitions and create a piece of art work that response to the show.
Carol Gant, Arts Curator at UCS, said: “‘Every Day Treasure for Everyday life’ responds to our current exhibition ‘The Psychopathology of Everyday Life’ which focus on interesting objects and the stories they tell. We are encouraging everyone to bring with them a cherished object that holds significant memories for them i.e. a toy or a favourite book.”
“The Family Art Club is a place to develop and extend creativity. Our artists and volunteers aim to support children and carers to look closely at artworks, talk about what they see, make creative choices and try out new techniques. It’s a space for the whole family to enjoy and make together.”
The Family Art Club, is taking place from 10-11.30am, and is for children aged 8-12 years and their families.
To book a free place please visit www.familyartclubmarch.eventbrite.co.uk
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault