Cast of Ipswich Regent’s Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty announced.
- Credit: Brian Aris
No, you’re not dreaming; this cast for this year’s Ipswich Regent pantomime Sleeping Beauty has been revealed.
The Enchanted Entertainment show runs from December 17-January 2, with what producer Guy Pascall says is probably the most talented panto cast in the country.
“What an amazing pantomime Sleeping Beauty is going to be this Christmas at Ipswich Regent. For this year’s show we’ve been working on a breathtaking 3D projection sequence to add some extra magic to an already dazzling panto,” he adds.
“Audiences are in for a real treat, with the return of funny-man Mike “squeaky” McClean, who played Buttons for us in 2014. Also we have some of the best singers in panto-land with the original lead singer of The Three Degrees – Sheila Ferguson and runner-up on BBC1’s Any Dream Will Do – Keith Jack.”
International soul legend Ferguson plays the Wicked Fairy, Jack the Prince and McClean the Jester. They will be joined by Ella Gilling from CBBC’s The Next Step as the Princess, Town 102 breakfast show host Wayne Bavin as the King and David Phipps-Davis as the Dame.
Expect a live band, plenty of audience participation, fantastic sets and costumes and jokes for all the family. Tickets are on sale now and already selling fast.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 10 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark