Colour in your own Pigs Gone Wild piggy and you could win a free sticker album - download a template here
- Credit: Su Anderson
Can your children create a brightly coloured pig to rival those that have popped up around Ipswich this summer?
We are calling on youngsters, inspired by the Pigs Gone Wild trail, to colour in their very own pig and send us their designs.
We will be choosing five winning designs and the artists will each be given a free copy of our exciting Pigs Gone Wild sticker album.
Natalie Sadler, digital editor, said: “The Pigs Gone Wild Trail has been a real hit with children and families, whenever we are out and about we see people queuing up to pose for a selfie.
“Some pupils in Ipswich were lucky enough to be involved in the junior pig project and helped create the smaller version of the sculptures that have gone on display in public buildings around Ipswich. However, we know there is a great wealth of artistic talent among our younger generation and we want to see what designs children will come up with.”
You may also want to watch:
The pig templates, which can be downloaded using the link below, can be coloured in or budding artists can use a collage technique to decorate it.
The competition comes as our Pigs Gone Wild stickers go on sale. There are 85 to collect and stickers are available in packs of five from our offices, selected Coop stores and St Elizabeth Hospice shops. You can also claim a free packet with every paper purchased from tomorrow. Vouchers will be printed every day throughout the trail and beyond, giving you plenty of time to collect them all.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
Follow us on Facebook for details of swapping sessions and how to buy the remaining stickers needed to complete your album.
• Send completed entries to Natalie Sadler, Ipswich Star/EADT, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN. Closing date: August 22.