Rock On! David Essex is latest star to announce Ipswich Regent gig
- Credit: Paul Marc Mitchell
Singing legend David Essex will spread some Stardust at the Ipswich Regent next year, as part of his latest tour.
The singer and actor is heading to Ipswich on Saturday, October 3, 2020, during his first major tour for four years.
David, 72, said: "I've had so many requests to tour again, so I've decided to do one more tour. I'm looking forward to touring the UK again. It should be fun."
The star will be performing much-loved hits from his long career. He has had more than 20 top 30 singles in the UK, including Rock On, Stardust, Hold Me Close, Gonna Make You a Star, Lamplight and A Winter's Tale.
He first shot to fame when he went to an audition for the London production of the musical Godspell and was chosen for the role of Jesus.
His other acting credits have included stage shows like Evita, Aspects of Love and his own West End hit All the Fun of the Fair, and films like That'll Be the Day and Silver Dream Racer.
More recently, he starred in EastEnders as Eddie Moon.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
He has played other concerts at the Regent over the years, from the 1980s to a gig on a previous tour in 2012.