Four Easter egg hunts happening in and around Ipswich this weekend
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Easter is coming up soon, with chocolate eggs being hidden all across Ipswich.
Here are five Easter egg hunts in and around the town that you and your children can enjoy.
1. Fynn Valley Golf Club
When: 10am-12pm,Saturday, April 16 to Monday, April 18
Where: Witnesham Road, Witnesham, Ipswich, IP6 9JA
Price: £5 per child
Set in rolling countryside just to the north of Ipswich, the Fynn Valley Golf Course is dedicating its whole nine-hole course to egg hunting.
- 1 Promising young footballer ran Ipswich 'Maxwell' drugs line
- 2 A12 to be closed over most nights for next few months due to roadworks
- 3 First-ever beer festival being held in village near Ipswich
- 4 Firefighters tackle overnight blaze in mobile home near Ipswich
- 5 New information released after baby girl found dead at recycling centre
- 6 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing man with links to Ipswich
- 7 Teenage girl followed twice by man in Ipswich
- 8 Road in village near Ipswich closed due to burst water main
- 9 A14 reopens after crash leaves car on its roof
- 10 Man holding knife during town centre brawl jailed for 20 months
Hunters will start from the driving range and finish in the café Terrace.
2. Easter Fun at The Library
When: Saturday 16 April, 9.30am-12pm
Where: Chantry Library, Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich IP2 0QY
Price: £1 for an inside hunt, free outside
Running two separate hunts, Chantry Library has stepped up as a community hub this Easter – offering both indoor and outdoor fun.
With sixteen eggs hidden across Chantry estate, more adventurous youngsters can search for them outside, while more timid children can take part in the mini indoor hunt.
3. Kesgrave Baptist Church
When: 10.30am, Friday, April 15
Where: Kesgrave Baptist Church, Cambridge Road, Kesgrave, IP5 1EW
Everyone is welcome to come to the Kesgrave Baptist Church's Easter service, and after the Good Friday prayers, the community will sit down for a fellowship lunch.
After this, there will be an Easter egg hunt for the children.
4. Beach Street Felixstowe
When: 10am-8pm, Thursday, April 14 to Tuesday, April 19
Where: Micklegate Road, Felixstowe IP11 2GN
The popular shipping container complex on the Felixstowe beachfront will be joining in the Easter fun, having hidden eggs in all of its shops.
After finding them, children will be able to solve a challenge, of which the solution will lead to gifts.