Easter bunnies and vintage vehicles head for Cornhill this weekend
- Credit: IBC
Two special events are being held on Ipswich Cornhill this weekend - an Easter fun day and an Ipswich Transport Museum display.
On Saturday, there will be a fun day from 10am onwards, with performances from Ipswich Rock Choir at 11.30am, 12.30pm and 1.30pm, and workshops and a performance from Just Jay Dance at 2.30pm. A Zumba flash mob is also set to appear.
The event will include lots of activities for children, with a rabbit ears workshop suitable for four to ten-year-olds, bungee trampolines, a climbing wall and a Baby Bouldering wall, for ages five and up.
There will also be craft activities with play dough, sensory trays and chalk.
Then, on Sunday, Ipswich Transport Museum is bringing a selection of vintage vehicles onto the Cornhill.
These will include a vintage fire engine, double-decker bus and Scammell lorry.
The event is a foretaste of the annual Vehicle Run from Christchurch Park to Felixstowe, which is due to be held on Sunday, May 5.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
These are the latest in a series of events on the revamped Cornhill, following on from the retro gaming event and Sunday market last weekend.
An IBC spokesman said: “We hope families will enjoy the latest events on the Cornhill this weekend. We have something for everyone and now all we want is some more sunshine!”