Exclusive: Top comic Lee Evans comes to Ipswich Regent
COMEDIAN Lee Evans will be trying out new material on Regent Theatre audiences this summer, we can exclusively reveal.
The special work-in-progress shows on August 2-4 come ahead of his Roadrunner arena tour of the UK and Ireland this autumn.
Born in Bristol, the comic, writer and actor now lives in Billericay, Essex. He rose to fame in the 1990s and is known for his loud, sweaty, energetic on-stage performances and physical comedy.
In 2005 he broke the world record for a solo act when he performed to 10,108 at the Manchester Evening News Arena. His Big Tour in 2008 saw him appear in front of more than half-a-million people at 59 arenas.
David Mansfield, general manager of the Regent, said: “This is fantastic news, that we’ve secured three shows. Lee is hugely popular in Ipswich and we are very much looking forward to him returning to the theatre.”
Tickets go on sale at 9.30am Monday.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 7 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 8 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?